Application Procedure
Tuition & Fees
Liaoning Provincial Government Scholarship
SYAU Outstanding Scholarship for International Students
SYAU Freshman Scholarship for International Students
Application Procedure
  • (1)Send related materials to the following address:

    Admission Office, International Education College
    Shenyang Agricultural University
    Address: No.120 Dongling Road, Shenhe District, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, P.R.C. 110866

    or electronic version to the following E-mail:

    Ms. Zhao Qianhui:

    Send 100$ application fee to the following account

    Account No.: 306467954773 (USD)   swift code:BKCHCNBJ82A

    Account name: Shenyang Agricultural University

    Beneficiary Bank: Bank of China (Shenyang Dadong Branch)

    (2)The International Students Applications Form (ISAF) will be sent to the applicants upon receipt of the necessary application materials. On the ISAF, applicants must provide information about their guardian in China. The original ISAF and copies of the PER and Blood Test Reports must be sent before the application deadline.

    (3)After the above terms have been verified, the Admission Notice and Jw202 Form for visa will be sent to qualified applicants or their sponsors.

    (4)A visa can be obtained from the China’ s Embassy or consulate in applicant’s country with the Admission Notice and JW202 Form.

    (5)Students should come to SYAU before or on the date required on Admission Notice. Those who are unable to come on time must explain the reasons in advance (, or the consequences will be borne on their side.)

  • Application Materials

    Chinese Government regulations require that international students wishing to study in China must prepare the following materials:
    (1) The first page and one blank page of the passport
    (2) Application form for international study    
    (3) Physical Examination Record for Foreigners
    (4) Certificate of highest academic degree obtained and transcript of academic record
    (5) 2-inch color photos
    (6) Candidates for Master degrees will need two letters of recommendation from persons of associate professor status or higher.
    (7) Apart from the above materials, self-financed students are required to provide   proof of their solvency by their agent in China or other financial warranty. The above materials should be written in English or in Chinese, or attach a translation in either of the two languages. Relevant forms are available from Chinese Embassies, consulates or SYAU.

    附件【Application Form.doc

  • Pre-arrival Information for Entry into China and Visa Application

       International students must apply to the China’s Embassy for Visa X if the duration of study is more than 6 months, and Visa F if the duration is less than 6 months.
    For Visa application, the applicants should present the following materials:
    (1)Admission Notice issued by SYAU;
    (2)Visa Application for Internationals wishing to study in China (JW202 Form)
    (3)Physical Examination Record for Internationals
       International students should enter China within the period specified on their visas. They are subject to frontier inspection and customs and health inspections according to Chinese law. International students should, within twenty-four hours of entry into China , go through temporary accommodation procedures. Those holding Visa X should, within 30 days of entry, obtain temporary residence cards from the Public Security Bureau. Upon arriving at school, students must go to a local health department to get their Physical Examination Record checked. If a Physical Examination Record is found to be out of date, or if some items are not properly documented or unchecked, the student must have the missing items properly documented or retake the physical examination. Only after passing the inspection by the Public Health Department can students begin their residence and admission procedures.

  • Post-arrival Information

    1. International students should bring their passport and X or F visa to register. Students who intend to study in China for more than 6 months should apply for an X visa at the Chinese Embassy in their home country with the required documents including: Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201 or JW202), Admission Notice, and Physical Examination Record for Internationals. Students who will study in China for less than 6 months should apply for an F Visa with required documents including Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201 or JW202) and the Admission Notice.
    2. Within 3 days of registration, international students must go to the Shenyang Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau for Foreigners with their passports and one 5 centimeter photo to take a physical examination. Students need to fast overnight before the examination. If a student is found to have a disease regulated by Chinese law, he or she must leave China immediately.
    3. The address for the Health Care Centre of Shenyang Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau for foreigners is: No. 433, Da Nan Street, Shen He District. Telephone: 024-24192626 during business hours 8:00—10:00, 13:30—15:00 (Monday to Friday).
    4. Students with an X visa must apply for a Residence Permit at the Shenyang Entry-Exit Inspection Bureau for Foreigners within 30 days after arrival in Shenyang. Students are responsible for keeping the information on their Residence Permit current during their study period. Students should go to the Shenyang Entry and Exit Administration Bureau to record any change of information on their Residence Permit and pay related costs.
    5. Students must register at the local police station within 24 hours of their entry to China. Students must extend their visa at the Entry and Exit Administration Bureau before the visa expiration date. The Office of International Relations will provide necessary documents.
    6. Students who wish to continue to study or live in China must extend their Residence Permit and/or visa before the expiration date.
    7. Willful alteration of or damage to a passport or ID Card may be subject to punishment. Good care must be taken of the Alien's Residence Permit. Any loss of the permit must be reported to the Office of International Relations and other relevant departments.
    8 Students must ask for written permission two weeks before he/she travels to other cities, countries or return to his/her own country. Those who leave without approval will receive a corresponding penalty, which may include expulsion.
    9. The university is not responsible for any letter of invitation to visitors of a student. Students should refer to the relevant China tourism departments for information regarding visits by relatives.
    10. Students who have graduated or have been dismissed from the university must leave China within the designated time. For students who have been dismissed from the university, the Entry & Exit Administration Bureau will cancel and take back their Residence Permit and/or shorten their visa.

  • Post-arrival Information

       International students admitted by SYAU must register by the time stipulated on Admission Notice. If unable to do so, International students must get special permission from the University; otherwise they will be deprived of the right to register. International students who have registered should, in line with relevant regulations, go through the formalities of lodging registration, sanitary quarantine, and residence and registration payment. International students wishing to live off campus should apply to their departments to get registered or get advice from departments. New international students admitted to Shenyang Agricultural University(SYAU) should register at the International Cooperation Department within the time specified in the admission letter. The procedure is as follows:
    a. Present your Shenyang Agricultural University Admission Notice (Letter)
    b. Present Physical Examination Record of Foreigners
    c. Prepare eight passport photos for various credentials
    d. Fill in the International Students Registration Form
    e. Present your passport, JW202 Form and valid X or F Visa for application of residence in China.
    f. Pay the registration fee, tuition fee, accommodation fee, insurance fee, text book fee and any other fees.

    Additional information:

    1.If the physical examination result the international students present is not issued in the Chinese Government-appointed Physical Examination Record of Foreigners, they shall go to appointed hospital in Shenyang for another physical examination and residence permit can be applied for only with eligible examination result.
    2.In accordance with regulations of Shenyang Police Station, international students must go through residential formalities in the local public security department within 30 days of entry into China. Those who exceed the prescribed time limit shall be fined.
    3.When registering, international students should pay in full fees of various items (including tuition fee, accommodation fee, registration fee and etc.), otherwise the registration formalities shall be delayed or rejected. Please retain the credential receipts for future reference.
    4.International students transferring from colleges or universities in other cities of China must go through address changing and migrating formalities in Exit-Entry office of local public security department before departure of the city. After arrival at SYAU, passport and residence permit shall be submitted for verification and to go through formalities of resident permit amendment and renewal case by case.

About SYAU
Introduction to SYAU
SYAU Majors and Programs
Campus at A Glance
Application Procedure
Tuition & Fees
Key Disciplines
Chinese Language Program
Undergraduate Program English Medium
Master's Program
Doctoral Program
Apply now

Copyright © Shenyang Agricultural University